- New service launched ahead of the IPL Auction in December 2023
- Service deploys Machine Learning to evaluate & predict players impacts on multiple parts of the game
Twenty First Group (TFG), global leaders in bespoke sports intelligence, has today launched a new, holistic service supporting cricket franchisees in the creation and execution of their draft and auction strategies, ahead of the IPL Auction in December.
The new service utilises TFG’s Machine Learning models, which have been applied over the last decade to support world-class football clubs, to better understand the true underlying level of players given the quality of opposition faced. This is then used to predict individual player impacts in new environments at different phases of the game.
This unique level of insight will help Franchisees make critical, evidence-based decisions on:
- Strategy: enabling franchisees to make smart decisions on performance strategy & team composition, optimising spend in compiling their teams to maximiseROI
- Draft / Auction Execution: identifying & evaluating players, supported by predictive insight on player performance in key aspects of the game, flexed based on how each player will be deployed in the context of the squad (e.g. in the powerplay, at the death etc)
- Player valuation: using objective playing and market data to make informed decisions on pre-Auction valuations
The launch of this new service in franchise-based cricket extends TFG’s already extensive work in Performance Intelligence. TFG works with elite level athletes, teams, brands, agencies and investors to identify and value talent, predict performance, conduct due diligence, deliver sporting excellence and maximise performance across multiple sports. Its clients have included Tottenham Hotspur, the ECB, the Football Association and the European Ryder Cup team among many others.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org